I'm new

• 4 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi 

I lost my daughter last November to Melanoma and would like to talk to any mums who have gone through the same.  I am utterly devastated and my emotions are very high. I feel desolate.  My heart goes out to all of you in this group.  I would dearly like someone to talk 

• Hi

How are you doing today? I 'spoke' to you yesterday on another thread in this group and wondered if you'd taken the opportunity of talking to someone on the Macmillan Support Line about how you feel. If not please do as they are very good listeners and can also point you in the right direction to get more support.

I've had a search through the group to see if anyone else has posted about losing their daughter to melanoma without success. However, I can see that you've joined the bereaved family and friends group where there are very likely to be other mums who have lost daughters to cancer.

I hope you are able to access the support you need and once again my deepest condolences.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you.

Today has been better.  Me and my granddaughter, who is 20, have had a Melanoma badge tattooed on our wrist. I was nervous but am glad that we did this together. My daughter would have been proud of us.

• I'm glad to hear that today has been a better day  

Wow, a tattooed melanoma badge! I'm definitely not that brave. What does it look like? 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I can send pic of tattoo if I am able. Otherwise Google "Melanoma badge" and I think it will show pic.