Hi

• 4 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Been snooping about the forum for a couple of days since my diagnosis.  Finding it very informative and thought I'd introduce myself.

Diagnosed stage 1A melanoma  earlier this week.  My other half spotted the nasty mole in September and said that doesn’t look right  Off to the GP I went who sent me to dermatology with in a couple of weeks.  Biopsy taken and then the wait.  It's been a difficult time as I also lost my dad unexpectedly a couple of days before my biopsy.  Anyway received my results earlier this week and will be having a wide local excision at the end of January. 

• Hi Bola1889..just checking in….sorry to hear about your dad..I lost my mum just before my diagnosis and it’s hard knowing how to feel about everything at times & everything can get a little overwhelming….but you are in a good place in this forum…I’ve found it an incredible support, lovely people and a great place to find out more or just to connect if that’s enough at the moment…Take care

• Hi, 1a is a very early stage of melanoma its good that your doctor took a biopsy, my husband went to have a very nasty looking mole looked at a couple of years ago & was told it was fine, was even told about having budgets & can t just cut out any mole!! Anyway looking back we wished we would have got a second opinion. As 8 months later the mole started to bleed, went back to doctors & discovered it was melanoma staged at 3c, had spread to lymph nodes, unfortunately now a year later has gone to stage 4 ,cancer blockers did not work for him, but has now started immunotherapy, try not to worry as you have managed to catch it at a very early stage which is really good, you will be kept a eye on with regular checks

• Hi bola1889. I was also diagnosed with stage 1A in November. Met plastic surgeon last week and booked in for WLE mid January. I was very scared and still am but took comfort from my SCN and also this forum. The very best of luck to you with your WLE.  Kx 

• Hi Bola1889,

Sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences.

I have been diagnosed with 1b melanoma in August and had my WLE, SLNB in September. Although it was a very difficult and worrying times, support and expertise from the medical team was excellent. I hope you have similar experience and everything goes smoothly.

Take care.