Re biopsy results

• 2 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi all as promised I had my biopsy review yesterday! After a long 6week wait. Which was torture. I had got malignant melanoma but they’ve caught it early staged at 1a & have said they’re pretty sure they’ve got it all! But I’ve got to have an wider excisional surgery as a precaution! I cannot tell you how relieved I was at this news yesterday! Even though I’m not looking forward to more surgery but I suppose it’s better to be safe than sorry! Thankyou all for your support & kind words while I was awaiting my results ! I was dreading bad news x

• Hi Sadeyes…just checking in with you and so pleased that you have got better news than you had hoped for….the waiting is terrible as we all testify frequently on here…but one thing I have learned is that there is always someone on here who can help you get through that and give a little comfort along the way….take care and let us know how you get on with your next steps x

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that you've been diagnosed with melanoma but you're right that Stage 1A is the best it can be, without being told you don't have melanoma that is.

The surgery you mention, called a wide local excision (WLE) is the standard treatment for everyone diagnosed with melanoma. If you're not having a sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) at the same time it may well be done under local anaesthetic like your original biopsy excision was.

Just like when you had the biopsy ask them how long it should take to get the results of the WLE back and who you should call if they're not back within that timescale.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"