Skin cancer

• 24 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Hi I’ve recently been diagnosed with skin cancer! Came as a masssive shock! I had a excisional mole removal still awaiting biopsy results it’ll be 5 weeks next week! Really scared as I’m still sore! Praying it hasn’t spread! The waiting is torture x

• Dear Sad Eyes

So sorry to hear of your long waiting for results. It is excruciating and nothing can alleviate the worry except the results and plan if it is required. 
    I was diagnosed a week ago on Saturday and it was a massive shock. I went to a dermatologist for treatment on verrucas that wouldn’t go away - I came away with a melanoma diagnosis from a skin discolouration on my back, the second one in my shoulder was found 2 weeks later.

Thinking of you. Try to stay strong, keep yourself busy and equally rest when you need to especially to help with the pain.

Wishing you all the very best for your results, let us know how you get on. X

• Hi Jazz5,Thankyou for your lovely support & sharing your diagnosis with me, mine is on my shoulder aswell! I wish the hospital wouldn’t say it’ll be 2/3 weeks when the wait is a lot longer! That jusPraystresses me out more! Hopefully I’ll hear soon. I do hope we both have a good outcome Pray

• I’ll definitely let you know! Although I’ve already been told I have skin cancer before the biopsy x

• If you click on my name you will my whole story … so far

it is so hard but hold on x

• Thanks for sharing your story! It has given me some hope! I’ll definitely keep you informed when I get any news! You take good care of yourself x

• The waiting for results is the worst bit and I can't think of an obvious way of relieving the fear and anxiety we all have to go through. Being a cyclist I decided to ride as often as I could and as far as was practical. In my mind I was getting fitter and stronger to fight anything that might be developing in me. Mentally it helped me a lot and I did get fitter and stronger. Stay strong, stay positive and focus on something you enjoy. I hope everything goes well for you.

• Thankyou for your kind words! You are right I need to focus on something I’m going to go walking tomorrow clear the cobwebs! Hopefully I’ll hear something soon. You take care

• Hi Sad eyes hope you are OK. I have had an excisional mole removal today after going for a check up yesterday. I hope you don't mind me asking but did the Doctor tell you from looking at it that it was skin cancer? That's basically what happened to me yesterday she said its a melanoma and 24 hours later I'm sat here feeling sore and sorry for myself. I'm hoping the results say otherwise but I'm just panicking. Really hope you get your results back soon and it's positive news xxx

• Hi Buddie 21, I hope you start healing soon! Yes I was told I had skin cancer by the doctor like yourself which like yourself was a massive shock because everyone had said you’ll have a biopsy first obviously not in our case! I’m still feeling stinging which isn’t convincing me ! I haven’t got an infection the wound has healed nicely! Let’s try & stay positive together. As soon as I hear anything I’ll let you know. But please keep in touch with me xx

• Sad eyes definitely please keep me posted! Yeah it knocked me sideways to be honest been a crazy 24 hours. Really hope you get your results back soon Pray Dr booked me in for 29th for my results but that's inky 4 weeks away so maybe optimistic! Will be thinking of you stay in touch x think the no exercise for a couple of weeks is going to be hard work as that's my usual distress! Enjoy a lovely walk tomorrow think maybe I will do the same xx