Biopsy result

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi there,

I am 26 and on the 5th of March I had a mole removed to be sent off for biopsy. I was told I would know the results by letter within 2 weeks to a month. In my head no news was good news until today. I had a letter saying I had a appointment this Monday the 29th with the consultant I saw that referred me to skin surgery. I am quite shocked that I’ve been asked to go to the hospital as I was told results would be by letter. I am assuming the worst because they want to see me as I always assume the worse in situations!! Is it normal for consultants to want to deliver the results whether it be good or bad? Has anyone had a similar experience to mine? 
I am worried about it and just assuming it’s bad news! 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can understand why you're worried that the consultant might have bad news for you and that is why you have a face-to-face appointment.

I wish I could tell you what this means one way or another but it's just impossible to guess I'm afraid. For example, I had my appointment booked before the results would have been back so the consultant would have given the results to me whether they were good or bad.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your results are negative

Do come back and let me know how it goes on Monday

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It may not be bad news just because they ask to see you in  person. Just go along and try to take each step at a time. I was diagnosed with melanoma when my biopsy results came back. I have a hospital appointment with the plastic surgery dept in a couple of weeks but still trying to keep calm. What's the use of worrying? Take care