Spread to lymph nodes

• 62 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Good afternoon all.

My Melanoma was at stage 2A until i got a call 6 weeks after my WLE and SLNB, saying that it had spread to the 2 lymph nodes they had removed, now supposedly it is now stage 3b.

The SCN told me that the WLE area was free of cancer, but they found deposits on the 2 lymph nodes that were removed from my groin and there was no extra capsular spread.

She also said it had been contained in or on the the lymph nodes (cant remember if she said in or on the lymph nodes) think it was on.. 

I now have a meeting at the Christie on Thursday 25th January regarding scans etc.

Obviously now very worrying that it has actually spread to other parts of the body.

Any body been in this situation and had a good outcome ?

Thank you.

Simon

• Hi how was your appointment hope it went OK.

• Hi Miss Mole.

Hope you are ok and having a nice weekend

I had my face to face last Thursday at the Christie, it was supposed to be at 11am, we actually got to see the consultant just over two hours later as they were very busy.

We didn't complain one bit even to each other as we know the situation.

Anyway, we were seen by a lovely consultant and lovely SCN.

The consultant asked could I go through what another SCN told me over the phone last Friday.

I said I was told my WLE was clear of cancer, I had 2 lymph nodes removed and they had contained the cancer deposits, and also there was no extra capsular spread.

I also told him that I had been advised from another person that I had moved from Stage 2a to Stage 3b.

He seemed quite impressed that I knew all this,  but said I was wrong on the staging, he said I was stage 3a because the 2 nodes they took out of my left groin one had a deposit, but one had a very very small deposit.

Come to think of it on the day of WLE and SLNB the surgeon who was doing the operation came in to see me just before I went under the knife and said they are taking 2 lymph nodes out but they are so very close together that they might only have to go in once to get them both out, as they are that close.

So I suppose with both lymph nodes being that close a little bit did deposit on the other one, who knows ?

He did say that they will book me in for scans i.e an MRI on the brain and PET scan for the full body which will in approx 2 to 3 weeks.

Then after the scans I will see the oncologist to chat about treatments etc.

One thing that does concern me is that for the last couple of weeks or so my groin on the opposite side has been a bit achy.

The consultant checked my WLE scar and my SLNB scar and said they were healing nicely.

He checked my lymph nodes in my groin, armpits and behind my knees.

It did hurt a bit when he pressed my groin on the opposite side and that did start me thinking that it must have spread to the other side, but obviously they can't say anything until I have had the scans done.

Also I asked him if cancer on the lymph nodes does hurt and he said it can do, which is quite worrying Worried.

I did ask lots of questions and i wrote everything down, my wife was also making notes.

Bit worrying about the achy feeling in my lymph nodes in the opposite groin though.

Sorry this post went on so long, probably bored you to sleep Sleeping

Thank you.

Take care.

Simon x

• Hi im 3a too I'm seeing my oncologist on Wednesday to review the rash from side affects. Hopefully I'll be able to go back on medication.

• Fingers crossed for you.

I am 3a at the moment, just worried what stage I will be after my MRI on my brain and my pet scan.

All scary stuff

Take care.

Simon x 

• Good luck for your scans. I was worried about mine too. Fingers crossed as its only very small deposits its unlikely to have spread. Yeah it is all scary stuff but the oncology team are so good. They will look after you.

• Thank you.

Just got here, appointment is 10.30am

Take care.

Simon x 

• Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best Simon.

Jane X

• Thank you Jane

Hope you are keeping well.

Take care.

Simon x 

• Hi Jane.

Hope you are doing ok and keeping well.

I have had a couple of bits of good news.

My MRI brain scan just over a week ago came back clear.

Also my full body PET CT scan came back clear as well.

I now have a meeting tomorrow with the oncologist to discuss moving forward.

I know I have a long long way to go, but it's nice to have a bit of good news.

Take care Jane.

Simon.

• Hi Miss Mole.

Hope you are doing ok and keeping well.

I have had a couple of bits of good news.

My MRI brain scan just over a week ago came back clear.

Also my full body PET CT scan came back clear as well.

I now have a meeting tomorrow with the oncologist to discuss moving forward.

I know I have a long long way to go, but it's nice to have a bit of good news.

Take care.

Simon.