Wle and slnb

• 27 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi does anyone know how long  you are under general anesthesia when you have wle and slnb and  small skin graft.

• I’m unable to help but just wanted to send on hugs Slight smile

• Hi  

I know I replied to your other post which included the above question, but I'll post my reply to you here as well in case people in future look at this post to see what answers you got:

• I don't remember exactly, as it was 6 years ago when I had mine, but an hour or so I think. I didn't need a skin graft so just the WLE and SLNB for me. However, with a GA you don't know how long you're out for, it just feels like seconds, as one second you're thinking "this anaesthetic isn't making me feel sleepy" and the next second you're waking up

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi my mri head scan was clear and ct scan was clear of melanoma but I've now been sent for a blood test as got a cyst on overy worried what this could be. Got my wle and slnb on 17th August.

• That's good to hear you've a date for your WLE and SLNB, and not too long to wait either.

It's always worrying when a scan shows up something else that they want to investigate but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this turns out to be nothing. When do you go for your blood test?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Blood test tomorrow thanks for the reply

• Do you know how long it'll be before you get the results?

Community Champion Badge

• No they did not say they said they weren't concerned about it at moment but it needs to be checked i think cyst are common but im worried cause I've got melanoma I'm not sure if its linked.

• I think if it was connected to your melanoma, ie a mestastes, then your team would be much more concerned. You are right that cysts are common.

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, I had mine done on Tuesday - it was 4 hours from going down to  being back on the ward but although skin graft was anticipated they managed to close it without. Good luck