Results

• 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi there 

so I have been diagnosed with a superficial spreading melanoma pT1b

0.9mm Breslow which they thought was possibly an atypical lesion but favoured to be a melanoma 

mitotic rate 0 and no microsatellites 

I went private so will need to be referred back into the nhs there is an mdt meeting on Monday to discuss if I have just the wle or the lymph node too 

my consultant has been amazing and very reassuring as I’ve been worried after just loosing my mum less than a year ago to lung cancer and my dad to bladder cancer

I would like to know what people  think to having a lymph node biopsy based on my diagnosis as I’m not sure I want one unless really necessary 

has anyone had a similar staging and not had it done?

thank you xx  

• Hi  

It's always difficult when you're given a choice. I was pT2a and decided to have a SLNB. 

My decision was based on the fact that I didn't want to worry, if I had a recurrence, that if I'd chosen to have a SLNB I would have known sooner. Having a SLNB didn't cause me to have any problems and I'd be happy to share my experience if you think that might help you make a decision one way or another.

This is Macmillan's information on a sentinel lymph node biopsy.

Whatever you decide to do, remember that it was the right choice for YOU and it doesn't matter what anyone else would have done.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for your reply xx 

• I agree PT2A here melanoma superficial spreader from a mole on my thigh, I had the SLNB for peace of mind x