Melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi

I had a mole removed from my shoulder before Christmas which was malignant 1b and had further excision and sentinel node removed- all came back clear.

Now, Another mole removed from my shin ( cut down to bone) with wound that still is not healed seven weeks later.

This mole was a 1a. Being recommended further excision which given my left leg circulation impairment , I don’t fancy having dug out again.

Am I foolish to think a 1a mole doesn’t justify the risk of a repeat of such poor healing? Any advice would be most welcome.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can understand your reluctance in having a WLE for your latest melanoma, as you still have problems with your wound, but as none of us are medically trained, just fellow patients, it would be wrong of us to suggest whether or not you should have the operation. What I would suggest you do, is talk this through with your SCNS so that you understand the implications of having the operation or not.

Let us know what you decide to do.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"