Sun cream SPF 50

• 6 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Has anybody got any tried and tested sun creams? I work outside a lot  (at a school) so want a good skin protector largely for my face and neck at the moment. 

I’m looking at Ultrasun. Thoughts??

• Hi  

I'd recommend you try a variety of sunscreens to see which one you like the best. I like SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ for my face and neck, as it has a tinted matte finish, and SunSense Ultra SPF50+ for the back of my hands. I find both easy to rub in and they don't leave me feeling sticky.

The British Association of Dermatologists say "When choosing a sunscreen look for a high protection SPF (SPF 30 or more) to protect against UVB, and the UVA circle logo and/or 4 or 5 UVA stars to protect against UVA. Apply plenty of sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going out in the sun, and reapply every two hours."

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I'm a bloke and as a cyclist and gardener I'm out all the time. I use Lifejacket SPF50 every day come rain or shine.

• Super thanks - I might order a few smaller ones to try x

• Not heard of that one I’ll look it up thanks x

• Hi, I've ended up with a Vitamin C moisturiser from Avon which is just for my face really. The moisturising but has helped my poor out in all weather gardeners skin!   Otherwise I use general all purpose spf50 for all other body areas.  Although small the Avon one is  light and non-greasy and one tube lasted my face all last summer. Xx

• I use one developed by a dermatologist local to my area I buy it from Amazon Altruist Dermatologist Sun Screen SPF 50