Scan results

• 1 reply
  • 56 subscribers

Hi hope you’re all well,

Today has been one of the longest days ever. It began with blood tests to check my liver and ended with a very positive phone call from my oncologist. 
This was my first scan since having two rounds of double dose immunotherapy and my wonderful oncologist said that my cancer was stable and had shrunk in my femoral artery, pelvis and stomach. I was so happy but my treatment had to stop because of liver and having autoimmune hepatitis! 
It seems that my liver is playing the game and is causing problems so they now have a new plan. I begin two medications on Monday as well as upping my steroid intake again and begin immunotherapy within the next two weeks. 
To say I’m happy is an understatement and as my oncologist said I’m stoic and so resilient but like I said I have no choice and I have never lost an argument or fight ( not that I have had many) in my life and I have to much to live for.

They told me I wouldn’t walk again or be able to wear a pair of shoes and guess what I have proved them wrong. I can walk with a limp and help from crutches and I got my favourite pair of boots in tHeartday! I might not have been able to zip them up but god did I enjoy wearing them Heart