Summer months

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi I am 54 years old woman had a wle on my leg 21st dec2022 for melonoma in situ , it’s scabbed over looks like be a large dent , waiting in anticipation for results , get them 8th feb , does anyone on here any advice as I am worrying about my summer holidays abroad and wondering what wear as scares me to hell now with rest of my moles, I am considering long trousers long dresses full cover up for swim wear , my family think I going ott but it’s a worry for me , please any advice welcome 

• Hi I was stage 4 ( no evidence of disease) at moment but I go abroad up to 3 times a year. I tend to wear long midi skirts during the day or linen trousers. I wear a sun hat try to keep in the shade when walking as much as possible. I also try not to walk in the heat of the day. 

Lgrgdg90
  • I feel the same as you, I had mine removed this time last year. I have managed a week in France and a cruise in the med since. Cruises are good as you can be inside doing activities during the day. Shore trips are often in coaches. When out in the sun I wear factor 50 and/or sun hat long sleeves and or trousers. I have only swum briefly then covered up again. I find a particular Australian website does a really good sun hats, tops, and swimwear, and sleeves that you can wear with short sleeved tops.  I’m very nervous so I understand how you feel. My melanoma was on my forearm and was very indented initially and upsetting but over the year it has evened out and is not too bad at all. To begin with I supported the scar wearing an elastic bandage, it made me feel more secure about protecting it. It is a little tight still and I have a reddish bit where the stitch split and came out through the skin, but in the whole it is not that noticeable. 
    I think we will get used to the situation but I have to say I have enjoyed the winter and not worrying and hiding from the sun.