SLNB wound healing

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

I had my SLNB two weeks ago at my groin. I’ve been changing the dressings every few days - the wound is looking quite sloughy and it’s quite bulgy in parts. Anyone else experienced this? I’m at the GP tomorrow to have my stitches out. The wound is just throbbing at the top - like a sharp shooting pain at the moment. 

• Hi  

I didn't have this problem with my SLNB but I noticed no one had come forward to share a similar experience with you.

How did you get on when you saw the GP yesterday? Were they able to help with the throbbing pain you're getting? If not, and you still have it, I'd give your SCNS a call today for advice.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It was infected at the groin site so I’ve got a course of antibiotics for a week. The WLE is healing well. It’s just  quite lumpy at the ends and indented. X

• Glad to hear the WLE is healing well and that you've got a course of antibiotics for the SLNB site. Hopefully the antibiotics should start working soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It's great that you've consulted an ENT and are open to trying antitoxicants/medication to potentially alleviate your symptoms. Perhaps you can find everything you need for treatment here at meldonium-store.com. Personally, the only thing that helped me was comprehensive therapy. However, if you have concerns about the safety or efficacy of the medication, I would encourage you to discuss them with your ENT and/or pharmacist so they can tell you whether to continue with the treatment.