Redness around SLNB

• 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

I had a SLNB on my groin yesterday and it’s looking quite red through the waterproof dressing. How much redness and swelling is “normal”

• mine had a dressing on but around that started off red around the then turned into a good size dark bruise after several days which was visible for a couple of weeks. There was minimal pain unless I touched where the cut was and that only persisted for about a week or so. In terms of swelling It felt quite lumpy around the site. It actually was lumpy enough that it made me start to wonder if it was a bunch of other nodes that had blown up making me think the worst. I’ve since been given reassurances it’s just normal swelling. It’s still pretty lumpy a couple of inches either side of the cut even now and my Op was on 7th October. 

Incidentally, I saw your other posts. Glad to hear your op went well and it wasn’t as bad as you had expected. Good luck with the recovery. 

• Hi

Unless your hospital gave you a 24-hour emergency contact number, it might be best to phone 111 and ask their advice as redness and swelling can be a sign of infection. Hopefully it won't be. but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Let me know how you get on

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes same here, the redness comes and goes. Every now and again it stings for a few secs but it’s not been overly sore. I thought it’d be more in my bikini line rather than my actual leg. It’s already a multitude of colours under the dressing! It’s quite swollen but I can’t tell if it’s lumpy bumpy yet. Makes me feel a bit squeamish looking. X