Slnb results

• 12 replies
  • 58 subscribers

So I have my appt booked to get the results of my WLE/SLNB later this week. I just got an odd text from the NHS to say my appointment tomorrow is now no longer face to face and will be a telephone consultation. My main question is, would bad news usually be given via a phone call? That said the other thing odd about this is I don’t have an appt scheduled for tomorrow that I know of either as my appt letter says end of this week…

• Hi 

That's good to hear that you'll be getting your results shortly as it's always an anxious time waiting for them.

As to whether "would bad news usually be given via a phone call", that depends on the protocol of the hospital. When I had the results of my WLE and SLNB it was at a face-to-face meeting with the surgeon who'd done the operations and the results, and my results showed no evidence of melanoma in the WLE or SLNB.

Let us know how it goes and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• What happens if melanoma is found in the WLE? 

• The idea of the WLE is to give the required margins from the primary, to reduce the risk of spread. I believe if melanoma is found in the WLE and causes the margins to be too narrow then you might require a second WLE to get the required margins. I heard of someone needing that here a while back I think

in other news, I got my results. WLE we’re clear and lymph nodes were also clear so no further treatment for me aside from 3 monthly monitoring. I’m so relieved.

• Good luck. They never found my malenoma so I am on immuno therapy. So far, so good PrayPrayPrayPray

• That's great news ! I hope you're going to have a celebration 

ChampagneCocktail

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• This is brilliant - hoping for the same x

• I also got my results that were clear. It was a very emotional phone call. Luckily I had spoken to the nurse before so she understood an emotional Scot.

The only problem I really had was my lymph node scar leaking until the staples were removed. Fortunately that has cleared up and only left with the heel which is making walking sore.

Good luck to all in the group.

• That's great !

We seem to be getting a lot of positive news today Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

• Ahh that’s great news congratulations and best wishes to you too!