mole mapping

• 5 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi, Has anyone got any recommendations for mole mapping privately ? when i asked my nhs nurse she said i was under her care so it was unnecessary, but i think for my own peace of mind and to keep track of things it make sense. 

• Hi  

I don't have any experience with mole mapping but what my consultant suggested I do was to take my own photos. So I took photos of all areas of my body, eg upper right arm, lower left leg, etc, etc. Then each month I use those photos to compare how I was when I took them to how I am now. It makes it easy to spot any changes or new moles.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I want to look into this too. I am covered in moles and just feel I want to be checked regularly by an expert. 

• Hi

I too am covered in moles, but I had every faith that the consultant dermatologists who have looked after me over the years are experts in their field so I didn't feel the need to pay someone else to do this as well.

However, you need to do whatever makes you comfortable.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Andrew. When I went for my first follow up check in June, the consultant decided to send me up to the medical photographer to get mole mapping photos taken because I have so many moles and presumably also because the SLNB failed. I’ve also requested copies of the photos under the GDPR subject access rights (photographer suggested it and gave me the appropriate form to complete). My skin checks are every 4 months so it’ll be helpful to have proper photos to be able to compare.  It may be worth asking your consultant? 

• Hi

As you haven't had any replies from people who have had mole mapping, I've done a search in the group to see if anyone has had it done. The most recent person to mention it was seven months ago, but I don't know if they went ahead or not. Anyway, I've tagged them into my reply to you and hopefully they'll pop on and tell you whether they decided to go ahead or not and what their experience was like if they did.

x

Community Champion Badge