New Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Good evening,

I haven’t been on here for a couple weeks due to rounds of scans, tests and biopsies. I found out last week that I not only have Stage 4 aggressive melanoma I also have secondary stage 3 lymphoma! See no evil To be honest I’m lucky it has only travelled to my lymph nodes in my groin. My consultant told me he was expecting much worse See no evil I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry (I did both)…

When I met with my oncologist this Tuesday he checked me over and then told me his plan! It looks like I have to have half of my heel removed again but this time they are going to do a skin graft. Whilst doing this they are going to remove my lymph nodes in my left groin. Once I’m healed I will begin immunotherapy. The support I have received from my care team and family has been amazing. I’m a fighter and always have a smile on my face. 

When I was leaving clinic on Tuesday this lady whispered to her partner look at her she doesn’t look ill let alone have cancer! I wonder how she broke her leg! Let’s just say I don’t think she wilStuck out tongue winking eyesay anything again Stuck out tongue winking eye

Then on Wednesday I came down with a water and kidney infection! Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut! What do you think?

Kate x

• Hi scousemouse, I thought we hadn't seen you for a while.  Blimey you've certainly been through a lot.

I'm sorry to hear your melanoma diagnosis is stage four, that's enough to cope with but to have lymphoma too.  I can only imagine how you're feeling hon, no idea how I'd cope.  Your positive attitude will go a long way in helping you manage I'm sure.   So surgery then healing time then immunotherapy.  

As for keeping your mouth shut so as to not attract bad luck  haha, loved that story Kate.  People see what they want, I don't look depressed but have been coping with that for over 20 years.  Hope the wee infection goes soon, ouch.

I'm glad to hear from you again and I hope you'll learn on us all if needed during your journey especially with anecdotes like yours above.  My thoughts are with you hon, message anytime whether you're up or down(you are allowed to have down bits too!)

Take care Kate x

• Hi Alottment lover,

Thanks, I’m sure there will be more anecdotes Rofl 
    I’m trying to stay positive as it helps. My poor husband has struggled this week but thankfully football begins this weekend so he will be smiling once again.

Take care xxx

• I'm so sorry to read that you've been diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma as well as Stage 3 lymphoma Kate. It must have come as a tremendous shock to you.

I also have 2 different types of cancer having been diagnosed with melanoma, albeit 'only' Stage 2, 6 years ago but no further treatment other than the WLE was needed. However, earlier this year an early stage breast cancer was picked up from a routine mammogram and I've had surgery to remove the lump and I'm now undergoing chemotherapy.

Do you know what type of lymphoma you have? There are quite a lot of different types but Macmillan have some very supportive lymphoma groups which would be great for you to join so that you can chat to others with that type of cancer. If you know the type I can give you a direct link to the group.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"