Recurrence

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all, I hope everyone is well and taking care in the warm weather. I have a shiny new parasol.

i'm wondering about the variable recurrence rates are you happy to share time between diagnosis and recurrence? 

• Hi

Touchwood, I haven't had a recurrence of melanoma and I first found a suspect lesion on my arm almost 6 years ago now. 

Probably the most likely timeframe is within the first 5 years as that is how long you have skin checks for.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Multiplemum,

I was first diagnosed with melanoma in 2015 with a mole on my stomach which was removed. I then went through 5 years of 6 monthly checks and then discharged as there had been no re-occurrence.

But in December 2021 I found a lump under my left armpit which also turned out to be melanoma which was removed in February of this year and returned in April having spread to my Liver and lungs. I have now been on targeted therapy for 8 weeks and so far, it has done the trick and has stopped it spreading and I feel so much better. Fingers crossed this will continue.

Take care

Phil