Arm swelling

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hello everyone, it's beena while since I've posted on here. I had my WLE and  SNLB back at the start of October - all with good results. However, my forearm is still very swollen.... and getting more so in recent weeks. Particularly if I type of use it. I spoke to my Macmillan nurse and she's not worried about it  but did mention lymphodema as something to watch out for.

Anyone else developed this later downthe line or any advice on reducing pain/swelling?

• Hi

Glad to hear everything was okay after your WLE and SLNB! However, having to deal with a swollen forearm that, in fact, is getting worse can't be pleasant. How long ago was it that you spoke to your SCNS? I know that you said that she wasn't worried about the swelling but if it's getting worse then you probably need it assessing to see if it is lymphoedema.

Macmillan have this really helpful information about lymphoedema including advice on how to manage it. Clicking on the link will take you to it.

However, it's probably best to speak to your SCNS first so do pop back and let us all know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"