HPV on smear

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Evening all

I had my routine smear 3 weeks ago and the results have come back as HPV positive with the advice to have a repeat smear in 1yr. Has anybody else had this experience? My Melanoma was excised almost a year ago!

I know HPV is an indicator of potential cancerous cells in the future and my immune system may fight it but this has really rocked me and looking for any advice/experiences. I'm going to call my MacMillan nurse Monday to see if she can offer any advice

Thanks 

• Hi

Finding out that you are HPV positive after a routine smear test must have been a bit of a shock for you. Am I right in assuming that you think it's linked to the melanoma in situ you had removed a year ago?

I have done a group search for any previous posts which mention HPV but drawn a blank I'm afraid. You might like to join the cervical cancer group as you'll find lots of conversations there from people who have tested positive for HPV. Please don't think that I've suggested this group because I think you're going to have cervical cancer, it's purely because you'll then be able to chat with others who have tested positive for HPV.

If you'd like to join the group just click on the link I've created and then join and post in the group in the same way as you did here.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for the link!

I'm not convinced the 2 are linked but was just interested to hear the experiences of others

X