Private CT Scan

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers
  • Hello all,

Im thinking of booking a private whole body CT scan as won't be offered one as stage 1a.  Awaiting my WLE 24th may but thinking about every ache or pain.  I've pain in right hand pelvis and spine recently just but as I've read it normal to feel this and I will learn to live differently as time passed.  Has anyone done this or wishes they had?

• Hi 

It's perfectly normal to worry about every ache or pain that you notice since you've been diagnosed with melanoma and I doubt there's one person in the group who hasn't. It is true that over time you'll begin to recognise that these aches and pains are just that and probably not related to your melanoma. However, if you're ever worried about something give your SCNS a call and talk it through with her.

I was staged at 2a and have never had a whole body scan and have never wished I'd been offered one either. If you click on this link you'll see that NICE only recommends them for people who are stage 2c or more.

Let us know what you decide to do

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou thats really helpful and I will let you know xx