Treatment

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all

im new here. My dear father has malignant melanoma . Firstly 6 years ago, successfully removed . 2nd time in November of last year, removed again. Unfortunately it grew again over Christmas , got the shocking news that I’m this short space of time has spread to his nodes, neck and lungs. We are a very close family and very very strong together . He has had the original lump removed and due to start immunotherapy on the 15th of April. After getting over the original news of it spreading, , telling my kids (11,15,18) we have all come together. My little girl is struggling as grandad is her best friend and keeping strong for her and my family. But the last 2 days I’m really struggling. I’m daddy’s little girl and always have been. I want to be strong for my family and not upset them but for some reason it has just hit me . Think it’s because his treatment is almost ready to start and we really don’t know what to expect , I really don’t want to break down in front of my family and upset them but so hard at the moment.

im so sorry if I’ve gone on and on but really feeling it tonight 

please keep well and stay safe x

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm really sorry to read that your dad has recently been diagnosed with melanoma for the second time and that this time it has spread to other areas of his body. I know what a shock this will be for the whole family so it's great that you say that you are all very close.

I haven't had immunotherapy treatment but there are lots of people here who have. If you could tell me the name of the immunotherapy your dad is having I could have a look and link you to some posts and people who are having the same type.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the family and friends group as it's a safe and supportive place to share your feelings and get support from others who have a loved one living with cancer. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

When you feel ready it would be great if you could pop something about your dad's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"