Groin disection

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

I’ve had a groin dissection four days ago my leg is numb and also experiencing lot of tingling and itching at the front of my leg . Will this ease of or is it something I will have to cope with? Thanks 

• bad luck you . My experience from a groin dissection is numbness in the leg . Tingling and itching also , may be the cut nerves they had to go through but maybe infection so be very aware of that,   it is no fun . The leg starts recovering soon tho and all sorts of pops and fizzes in the nerves happen as they kind of knit back together I think . Mine was a few years ago now but I discovered in the hospital the first night how much a pillow between my knees help at night when I’m sleeping .  Tight clothing around the leg from now on for you . Is it a large cut ? Like 6/7 inches ? 

• One across my groin then one leading down thigh. Looks sort of that size. Having problems with one of my incisions from drain it has started leaking. When I phone hospital with my drain recordings I’m going to mention  this maybe I will have to go in to have it redressed. Just when I was calming down here we go again. Thanks for your reply