Muscle pain around WLE & SLNB area

• 3 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all, 

I had my WLE on my knee and SLNB on my groin in Sept 2021 and recovered OK. I've returned to work full time and flew 4 times for weekend trips last month. I have noticed uncomfortable feeling, pain that almost feels like muscle strain in the operation area, especially near the lymph nodes behind my knee. No swelling or redness. 

I have an appointment next week with my consultant but was curious if anyone experienced similar thing. 

TIA

• Hi

Sorry to read that you're feeling pain around the WLE site and also in the lymph nodes close by. I haven't experience this but wondered if a quick call to talk to your SCNS would help.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Iatchbrook, 

Yes I called my nurse and she booked me in to see a consultant next week. So bit worried but hoping for the best,

X

• It's always worrying when you notice something different but hopefully the consultant will be able to put your mind at rest.

About 6 months after my WLE and SLNB I noticed a 'spot' right at the end of the SLNB scar. Like you I was worried but the consultant examined it and said it was nothing more than a blocked hair follicle. Boy was I happy!

Let me know how you get on

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"