Holiday insurance

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hello forum

Im having a week off chemo to go on holiday in May and wondered if anyone can recommend any insurance companies who would be willing to quote.

• Hi and welcome to the melanoma group

A week off treatment to go on holiday sounds lovely but unfortunately it can be more difficult to get reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I've recently used payingtoomuch.com and the premium was only a few pounds more than 'normal' to cover my melanoma. However, it is 5 years since I was diagnosed and I haven't had to have any further treatment after the initial WLE.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the travel insurance group where you can find recommendations from others who have successfully obtained travel insurance that doesn't cost more than the holiday!

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

When you feel ready, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"