Skin Care

• 15 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Hello Everyone

I am looking for recommendations for high protection skin and face moisteriser preferably fragrence free.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I use the Sunsense range. I like their Daily Face, which has a slight tint, for my face and then use their Sunsense Ultra for my neck and back of my hands. Both are factor 50. They also do a handy roll on which is great for keeping in a pocket or handbag.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you latchbrook, I have added to my profile as you suggested.  Was unsure about putting anything so thank you.  I see Sunsense is an Australian range of skin care, where is is availabale or do you buy online?

• The first time I bought it was when I was visiting my sister in Australia but I now buy it online. They have their own online store and I've found it's usually cheaper buying direct from them than through someone like Amazon but do have a shop around.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Just to add that I never wear sunscreen instead of covering up though. The best line of defence against the damaging rays of the sun is clothing, sunglasses and a big hat. As this meant I needed a completely new wardrobe I decided that the expression every cloud has a silver lining was true!

Community Champion Badge

• Yes, definitely going to invest in a big hat!

• As a matter of interest do oyou know if sunscreen effective when applied on top of normal moisteriser and body lotion?

• No, sorry I don't know. That might be a good question to post in the ask a nurse (link) section of the online community. If you do post do let me know what they say please.

x

Community Champion Badge

• I'm using Life Jacket which is fragrant free and non greasy. Also good for wet protection and is made in England..

https://lifejacketskinprotection.com/

• Thank you for recommendation, will look into it