Unbelievable

• 9 replies
  • 59 subscribers

As some of you may know after my WLE & SLNB on Nov 10th, one of my lymph nodes went missing (I was told in transit to be tested). Well I’ve had a phone call today telling me it’s been found & never left the hospital. It’s now been sent off to be tested. It’s been hanging around the hospital for 9 weeks!!! In the meantime I had a full body scan on Saturday to determine if the cancer has spread this was due to the lymph node going missing. I can’t explain how frustrated I feel right now

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Calsmam, 

I am so sorry that you are going through emotions that you really don't need!

Are they going to be able to test it or has the nine weeks delay degraded it so now it can't be?

Hope your latest excision wound is a bit easier today. 

Xxx

• Hi Anne thank you for your reply. It’s on its way to be tested they think it’s still viable as it’s in the solution but then a 4 week minimum wait for results. 
    My wound is much better today, just uncomfortable 

• Hi Calsman just checking in to say I’m so sorry this is happening for you right now…I can’t imagine a more difficult and upsetting situation to be in…sending virtual hugs Hugging 

• Oh Calsman, you're doing the hard road right now. What a mess up.  I'd be so angry, I'm sure you are too. The one good thing is that the lymph biopsy will give a much more accurate picture than a CT scan will do even if the fact that there is more waiting is frustrating.  You poor thing, my heart goes out to you right now.  Just take care of yourself hon, choose a new hobby quickly! Xx

• Hi Ivysmum thank you for your reply. I’m finding it hard to believe myself

• Hi Alottment lover, thank you for your understanding 

• Hi Calsmam, 

So sorry you have to go through this unpleasant lost&found scenario . Only relief is that the lymph node can still be tested.

Is there a way for you or your consultant to pressure them for a faster results? I would suggest you make a formal complain, once you found the strength to do so. I hope you'll have smooth journey from here onwards, sending you good vibes. 

• Hi Elmyra, now all the information has sunk in I’m absolutely furious and I intend to complain. I’m also going to call them back today and ask if they can speed up the results. It really is unbelievable. Thank you for the good vibes