Best sunscreen

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

What sunsceeen does everyone use on their face /body everyday? Typically my skin goes really dry when I wear suncream so I need to find something that works for me 

• Hi K8 1980s….I thought I should just say hello as your question has been out here for a while….sunscreen has been a hot topic since I joined the forum in July so if you do a search you will find lots of discussions on this…there is lots on Macmillan main site on being sunsafe which I guess you will already have seen….I’m in the UK so not wearing sunscreen at present but during the summer when I was feeling highly anxious following my diagnosis I tried out a few different ones….mainly in sample form which were given to me by the Macmillan nurse…I have finally settled for La Roche Posay for face..I use the mature skin formula and wear under makeup but the standard formula is just as good…and I do wear a moisturiser under the sunscreen as I tend to have dry skin….I try to cover up as much as I can but areas which are exposed like neck and hands I use either Nivea or Sainsburys roll on….both meet the criteria for protection factors ie F50 & 5 stars…the Sainsburys one is probably more moisturising…..hope this helps!

• Hi

I use Sunsense Daily Face SPF50+, as it's slightly tinted, for my face and Sunsense Ultra Sun Protection SPF50+ for the back of my hands and neck. They also do a handy roll-on which is great for slipping in your pocket or bag to top up on the go.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"