Wow the waiting takes a while…..

• 6 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello all. 
I’m now 5 weeks from WLE and SLNB, my arm where the WLE is still swollen, sore and unable to fully straighten but it’s definitely making progress…… but my word is a six week wait for results taking time to pass. Thursday next week and I’m literally counting hours now…… wish it didn’t take 6 weeks.

• Hi. Hope you don’t mind me commenting on your post. I had an excision biopsy on a mole almost 6 weeks ago and I’ve just received a phone call that the consultant wants to see me on Friday. It’s such a long time to wait for results isn’t it Disappointed

• It really is. With my original mole removal I had it removed the morning I went on holiday for ten days. After being home a few days I had a call to give me the bad news. That wait wasn’t so bad but this I’m going to admit, I’m finding tough going. I’m not back at work due to the slow healing and infection on my arm and being home all day is tough. I’m getting out for a walk each morning and my husband and sons are fab but my word is 6 weeks a long time.

• It’s horrendous isn’t it. I hope it brings good news next week. I had my mole removed on 1st October so it’ll be exactly 6 weeks when I see the consultant. I’m bracing myself for bad news as he suspected skin cancer when he saw it. Also, he said I’d receive my results by letter.  My head is all over the place. Luckily I’ve been working through all this so I’ve been distracted. However it’s not really working now as all I can think about is Friday. Sorry to waffle on. I could do with a holiday!  

• It really does teach you patience…. Or not in my case.

I had a month between my diagnosis phone call and seeing the Dr, then another 5 weeks until my WLE and SLNB and now I’m in the 6 week wait for results…… soon

• I hope you hear soon. I’m sure you will. I’ve had no patience since all this began. I waited 3 1/2 weeks to see dermatology and then another 5 weeks for biopsy. And now 6 weeks for results. I honestly thought these things would be a lot quicker  

• Hi Spanielmumma, 

Waiting is the hardest, seems like you are almost there. Hope you have good news next week!

I was bit cheeky and when I went for my appointment to remove stitches( week 2 ) I asked my GP if there is any update on my records regarding pathology report, thankfully he checked and told me that result arrived only the day before electronically and it was all clear. So I had the news before I've seen my consultant following week. 

Might be worth to check with your GP.