Melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi,I’m new here

I am 25 years old

For years I’ve had a mole between my toe,but was small,lately has started growing and changed the shape,it’s became irregular so I’ve been to the gp,they have referred me but I’m still waiting,in the meantime I went to private,which I’m still waiting also. But when I went for the check they told me it looks quite irregular which kept me worried and anxious,considering that for the past 4 weeks I’ve never had a good day,I’m in so much pain all over the body and bones,and they couldn’t find the cause. So all I’m thinking it’s maybe it’s all caused from that,and because I’m having pain,and I feel powerless,maybe its on the late stages Sob 

Thank you 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Everyone in this group knows how hard waiting to be seen, waiting for a biopsy, waiting for results, etc is and it's natural to worry that this mole will turn out to be cancerous and that it's spread. 

My best advice while you're waiting to be seen would be to try and keep yourself occupied so that you don't have too much time to think about 'what if'. Do you have hobbies or interests that you can spend more time doing? Or maybe arrange to see friends or family and do something enjoyable. Lots of people find mindfulness really helpful and, if this is something that interests you, clicking here will take you to the NHS list of apps some of which are free.

Do let us know when you have a date to see the dermatologist.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did you get on when you went for your appointment with the dermatologist to examine the mole between your toes?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"