Melanoma Patient Conference 2021

• 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi everyone, as I’ve been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma (melanoma that has spread) for a few years I’ve had the opportunity to go to a few patient conferences, which have been brilliant (and free). Last year’s was cancelled due to covid as you may expect, and this year’s is on line. I thought some of you may be interested so I’ve put the link below. 

https://melanomafocus.org/information-portal/melanoma-patient-conference-2021/

I see there’s a talk on clinical trials amongst other things that I will be interested in, I wonder what topic might catch your eye. I haven’t registered for it yet but I see registration is open as it’s not long til October. 

• I would really like to have taken part in this but that day I am going n holiday to Norfolk. Is there anyway I can access the information given after the day? I am particularly interested in the trial information and any new treatments available. 

Lgrgdg90
  • Hi Lgrgdg90 I do hope so, other years there has been access to the videos of the conference a few weeks later through YouTube so fingers crossed they do the same with this virtual one. Norfolk is great though, our last holiday the week before lock down was in Cromer. 

Take care KT

• Yes we have stayed in Cromer. This time we have a cottage in Sheringham. Plenty of walks and a trip to Norwich. Not a great journey however from Lancaster. I am particularly interested in new developments. I have been lucky responding to various treatments but am waiting for a scan result which we all know can be an anxious time. Thank you for replying.I wish you well.

Lgrgdg90