Secondary melanoma - had mass removed from brain in September

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 55 subscribers

Op was successful however melanoma discovered. Started 2 months immunatherapy but it has given me colitis and cancer treatment has stopped. I am on a decreasing amount of steroids to treat bowel issues. 

Not sure what happens next? Getting very worried.

i am due a call next week from Dr

• Hello MdeanOB, I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis and stop in immunotherapy, it must be a worrying time waiting for next weeks appointment. I’ve often found you can put things out of your mind for a bit and then the worry can start getting nearer to the appointment. I was diagnosed in 2015 melanoma in lymph nodes and then my ovary, melanoma wasn’t on my radar then, and it sounds like perhaps it wasn’t on yours. 

I was wondering when you said the op was a success if that means they felt they got it all but the biopsy said the tumour had been melanoma so they started immunotherapy as a precaution? Was it ipilumamab and Nivolumab that you had or Pembrolizumab? There are a few people on the site who have had to stop immunotherapy early, and some who have just had a pause due to side effects. If you had immunotherapy for 2 months that can still have a good effect to kick start your immune system to carry on working on things. 

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your appointment next week.

Take care KT