Case review after results - confused!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi,

I received my results from a mole biopsy a few weeks ago now - malignant Melanoma in situ. My GP is also a dermatologist so he was going to perform the op to have more skin taken away (booked for a weeks time) and that was to be the end of my treatment.

I got a phone call today to say that the MDT who discussed my case would like to discuss it again in their next meeting, my op has been cancelled and I will be getting an appointment to see a different dermatologist at hospital. I haven’t been to hospital up until now due to my GP also being my dermatologist.

of course I am panicking as it can’t get any better than in situ so I am thinking it must be worse! Has anyone else has this happen? If so was the reason for the review?

Thank you for any help anyone can offer! 

• Hi LilyPatch, I haven’t had this happen to me but I have had a few blips in treatment, I just wanted to wish you luck during your wait and hope it’s not too long. I bet you had things all straight in your mind and then this has started up some anxiety again and we all get that. These are unusual times, at a Melanoma Patient Conference we had a talk from a pathologist who said it usually takes 2 pathologists to look at the results so perhaps it’s just that this very normal second opinion is still required and not necessarily going to change the result. I hope you can keep your mind off things till they contact you, or if you can’t I’ve found it best to think of what questions to ask, and how best to deal with the waiting and uncertainty as there is a lot of that in life at the moment. 

Take care and if any of us can help with the wait please ask, and please let us know how you get on.

Take care KT

• Hi

I was just having a look through some of the threads and realised that we hadn't heard from you after you said that your case was being reviewed again. How did everything go?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"