Tired all the time

• 6 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Currently awaiting an ultrasound and possible needle biopsy of my groin lymph nodes due to increasing pain in the area where I had my SLNB last year(toothache pain in the area radiating down my leg feel like my bone is bruised) but last few weeks have been constantly tired and a wee bit run down, and have notice a v small smelling on my right wrist that doesnt go away and when I touched it is tender, and again the bone in this arm aches when I use it or apply weight through it, so my ask on here is, should I mention this to my melanoma nurse or should I try and see my doctor, or should I just leave it?

• Hi

Sorry to hear you're waiting for a scan and biopsy on your groin lymph nodes. I remember you from a little while ago when you were first diagnosed.

Personally, I'd definitely make my SCNS my first port of call. She'll then either get you in to see your consultant to get it checked out or advise you to see your GP. Hopefully, it's nothing but you're doing the right thing in getting it looked at.

Do you have a date for your ultrasound and biopsy?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Scan and biopsy if one is required on Tuesday, I will phone the nurses tomo6to discuss the other issues, thank you latchbrook for your advice, hope you are keeping well. 

Sonny09
  • I'm very well thank you.

I think if I was you, and didn't get to speak to my nurse tomorrow, I'd mention to the team you're seeing on Tuesday how you feel and the lump on your wrist. They might say they can't do anything about it because they're only looking at your groin lymph nodes but there's no harm in asking.

Let us know how it goes on Tuesday

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did it go on Tuesday? Did you need to have a biopsy and did they take a look at the lump on your wrist as well?

x

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Latchbrook sorry for late reply been a very busy week. Thankfully nothing sinister on my ultrasound, they believe pains caused by nerve issues. The lump has settled down they had a look and said it looked like soft tissue damage, must have clunked it without noticing.

Sonny09