Lymph nodes

• 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Evening forum 

hope everyone one is staying safe and keeping well.Could anyone tell me if your lymph nodes swell in your groin is the area around your groin tender to touch.

regards 

andrew

• Hi Andrew,

I had a lymph node in my groin that swelled, was puncture biopysied and removed along with the one next to it.  From discovery to removal was around six weeks. Mine wasn't sore at all, nor particularly large - it felt like a large pea beneath the surface.

Its a fair operation with general anesthetic and I stayed overnight.  Healed up very well, 16cm scar, no side effects whatsoever, and total recovery.  If I didn't have the scar it would be as if it never happened, though I did get an infection which slowed the initial healing by a couple of weeks.

I began Dab & Tram shortly afterwards.  Theres more detail if you want to read it in my profile.

Let me know if you think I may be able to answer and other questions.

Take care,

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Andrew,

I can only assume you’re considering the possibility of a swelling being melanoma... I did have melanoma in my legion and it was probably about olive/grape sized. It didn’t hurt at all, and there was no general tenderness. Just before my op when it had got a bit bigger, I was aware of a sensation in the area, but nothing sore at all.
    As I was busy googling at the time, the descriptions I found for tumours in lymph nodes suggested hard and non mobile. I honestly struggled to decide if my lump felt like either of those things though. I wouldn’t have said hard - but it was a definite lump rather than a general swelling, and immobile - well I couldn’t push it to a different position as such, but it felt like swollen glands in your neck, just without being sore!

Interestingly, it was also much more towards the front of my thigh than I would have expected - I’d been very much checking the ‘groove’ of my groin.

Best wishes

• Hi Andrew, it’s a week since you’ve posted I’m wondering how you’re feeling and if your swelling has subsided. I’ve needed to contact my hospital about a possible groin node enlargement today and have a scan booked for next week, which made me think of your post.

Best wishes

Take care KT

• Hi kat

Had ultrasound and everything is good, think just panicked. Are minds runaway with us, but think that is just human behaviour.Stay positive and hope it goes well for you.

Andrew