Imunotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi everyone hope you are all keeping as well as possible in these crazy times. I have imunotherapy treatment every 2 weeks but they are now giving me a double dose every 4 wks   I have become really itchy all over and my eyes are terrible has anyone else ever had these kind of side effects? 

• Hi.

I managed 2 out of 4 double doses every 3 weeks and yes I got the itches all over. Came out in a rash too. Unfortunately due to more serious side effects with kidney function my oncologist has stopped my treatment so the itching has gone but the anxiety has come back! I never really found anything to help with the itching, tried 'E45 for itchy skin' Sudocreme, antiseptic cream and calamine lotion. My oncologist said side effects show the the treatment is doing something and is causing a reaction from the immune system so I suppose we can look at it in a positive way! Good Luck! 

Diane

• I was on immunotherapy every four weeks until recently where they have postponed my treatment till June. I get an itchy mild rash. In places it’s like little pimples and other places I get slightly larger spots.I feel it mostly during the night and it can keep me awake. I was given steroid cream but don’t like to use it often Also taking antihistamine seems to help. 

Lgrgdg90
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to lgrgdg90

Ah thank you really helpful to know it's quite common I haven't had a rash and nine is mostly at night it drives me around the bend. I've started taken antihistamine I had slight itching with the normal dose of imunotherapy but this is far worse with the double dose I will keep taking the antihistamines and speak to my consultant next time 

• Hi

Aqueous menthol cream can be helpful. The menthol in the cream is supposed to be cooling. It’s worth a try.

There are also various antihistamines if one doesn’t work hopefully another one will.

Hope it goes well. 

D :-)