WLE Day

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

So today is the day I have my WLE! I’ve been awake since 4.30 thinking about it. 

As it’s not until 2.45 this afternoon I have decided to go on into work this morning for a few hours (trying to stay as normal as possible)!

My excision lesion was very straightforward and relatively pain free so I’m hoping for the same this time around. 

What is the usual recovery time after a WLE?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there Shirlmo,

I'm having WLE and SNB next Wednesday. Unfortunately I can't answer the question about recovery but I just wanted to say I understand your anxiety and I hope the procedure goes well. 

Xc

• Hi

I hope working has managed to keep your mind off your operation this afternoon!

If you're just having a WLE then I wouldn't think you'll be in any more pain than you were when you had your original excision. Obviously it depends on other factors like if you're having a skin graft but, as you haven't mentioned that, I'm presuming that your op is just to take away a larger area of skin around the original excision site.

My WLE was on my upper arm and I didn't require a skin graft. I'd say it felt sore for a few days but hardly any worse than the original excision.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Shirlmo,

My WLE was huge and just above the knee, so there were a few complications (they have to poisition the flaps is such a way to hold the leg muscles in place) including a large skin graft.  I call it the shark bite...  Anyway yours will probably be nothing like this so I can't help you with recovery time!

Still I wanted to wish you well after your surgery - I've had a few and I always feel great knowing that this melanoma crap have been removed!

Speedy recovery!

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sailor2

Thank you all for your kind words of support - they are very much appreciated! 

The anaesthetic is starting to wear off but I’m feeling ok! I’m now binge watching “The Stranger”