Melanoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi all, I have noticed on this discussion people saying they had results back from having a WLE, I had one done last week, do they do further testing when they do this? As this was not mentioned to me. Thank you. 

• Hi Sammypenny73

A pathologist will check the skin removed for any stray melanoma cells. They are checking that there are 'clear margins'.

All the best 

Moira

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MoiraA

Hi Moira, thanks for letting me know that. I did receive a letter in the post yesterday for an appointment, maybe that’s for the results. 

thanks again xx

• Hi and welcome to the online community

When I had my WLE done I had an appointment about 2 weeks later so that the surgeon could check the wound site and also give me my results. As you say, this is probably what your appointment is for.

When you have a minute it would be useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Let us know how your appointment goes

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How are you doing and have you had the results back from your WLE yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi, 

yes I had my results back from WLE, everything came back all clear Blush, so relieved. I am now back at work  on the frontline for our NHS helping with this covid19. Stay safe and take care. Thank you so much for asking How I am xxx

• Really pleased to hear this Slight smile 

Thank you very much for all you and your colleagues in the NHS are doing for us all at the moment. Please pass on my thanks to them.

ClapClap

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I will pass your thanks on, thank you. Take care and all your family xxx