Introduction....

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I was diagnosed Stage 3b several years ago after progressing from Stage 1a. 

I'm still NED (No evidence of disease) and am still on annual check ups. Other than surgery I've had no adjuvant treatment as I was diagnosed long before it was made available to Stage 3 patients. 

Grendo

• Hi , that’s excellent news, and welcome to the online community. When is your next annual check up? 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

It should be this month but I haven't got my appointment through yet. The last two appointments haven't been on time so I'm waiting until the end of the month and will then ring to chase it up. I know how busy the clinic has become over the years and I don't like to pester them but this safety net is important.

• Yes sounds like a plan, my clinic too has got a lot busier over the last 4 year. It’s not a pester though really as the letter may have been sent and you haven’t received it so it’s a legitimate chase us to avoid an appointment being wasted. I do get a text message to remind me of every appointment and that if I don’t attend it wastes £160, I don’t know if your hospital does the same.

Good luck for your next appointment. 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thanks. Their ears must have been burning because I've come home to find an appointment letter in my post! Fortunately it's only 3 weeks away. Hopefully they won't find anything that I'm not aware of!