Feeling flat after cancelled WLE.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 55 subscribers

I was originally diagnosed Stage 1 in early December and I am really relieved that it seems to have been caught so early.  I was told that I would be booked in to have a WLE within six weeks and had an appointment on January 3rd with a Maxillo facial surgeon.  I wrongly assumed that this was the surgery date and geared myself up for a few weeks of resting up.  It turns out this was just the pre appointment and he said that surgery would be within three weeks.  I eventually got the dates through for the 6th and 13th of February and sorted out cover at work an time off etc.  I had a phonecall today letting me know that both sets of surgery had been cancelled.  

I know that I am really lucky that it is only stage 1 and I know that the WLE is only precautionary to ensure clear margins, but being really active, I had geared myself up to a few weeks of resting, not to mention cover at work, time off and a rearranged OFTED visit (I'm a headteacher).  So to cut a long story short, I am feeling a little flat tonight.

Apologies for the post, I guess I just needed to get it off my chest!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Irondad

i totally understand how you’re feeling! I was also diagnosed with stage 1 on 27 November! My nurse had said that my WLE would be within 6 weeks! 9 weeks later and I’m eventually seeing my plastic surgeon tomorrow! 

I hope you get sorted with your appointments/procedure very soon! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Shirlmo,

I hope it goes really well with the surgeon today. Best of luck,

A

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Irondad

My surgery should be at the start of March all being well!

• Hi , I’m sorry to hear your surgery was cancelled after all your preparation mentally as well as practically I bet. Sorry I’m a bit late posting, I’m wondering if you’ve regrouped already? Do you have a new date for surgery yet? 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thanks for getting in touch KTatHome. I spoke to the hospital again on Friday and they have managed to get me a cancellation appointment tomorrow. It’s a bit of a distance away, but I am so pleased that after both bits of surgery I will be able to start the recovery process.

i have had to spend the weekend at work tying up all of the loose ends but that is a small price to pay!

i am going in at three tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed, I should have had the first bit down by four and then back a week later to be finished!

Thanks again!