Wle chin and skin graft

• 4 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi everyone after being told of a 9/12 month wait now got a date in January and wondering if anyone had had a skin graft on their chin? I’m just getting a bit anxious as to what the recovery is likeRelaxedsnd what it may look like so I’m prepared Relaxed

• Hi  

That's great to read that you don't have as long to wait for your WLE as you were originally told.

I didn't need a skin graft so can't help with what recovery is like but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for other members to spot it.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you soo much .. new to all this Two hearts

• Hi, I had a WLE done last Thursday on my ankle, I also had a full thickness skin graft done.  Both were done on a local anesthetic. I have an appointment tomorrow to see what the graft looks like. I know you’re having it done on your face so it’s not the same as me but when I was in last week a woman I met had a graft done on her cheek last year and there was no scar at all. I’ve updated my profile with details of my journey so hopefully it helps put you at ease. I know the unknown can be very scary. 

• Thank you for that it is so reassuring  to know someone else who has had a good  cosmetic experience, this is a difficult journey without fear of looking scary as well xxx hope you have a post outcome xx