Starting immunotherapy

• 9 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi all,had my appointment last Wednesday and I am going to start my treatment on the 15th December and the plan is to have it every 6 weeks and to last for 12 months. My drug is going to be pembrolizumab. Has anyone else had this treatment 

• I started 4 weeks ago. No side effects so far apart from slightly itchy skin. Using E45 every day which has really helped. It could change over time but I thought you might at least draw some comfort from my experience so far. 

• Thank you for information 

• Hi I had my first dose 3 weeks ago and same having 6 weekly for 12 months - so far ok bit of itchy spotty skin and tiredness but nothing too terrible so far - I have been told by CNS and Consultant “it’s usually the 2nd or 3rd dose it can kick in” so bracing myself for that potential but hoping for the best - good luck with yours it’s such a stressful time I feel a bit like a ticking time bomb 

• Thanks will take a look 

• I’ve just finished my 9 doses of Pembro. Phew. Some minor side effects- dry mouth, joint pain, some tiredness. Some of my bloods were a bit concerning some months but seemed to balance themselves out eventually. I hope your experience is even better- but feel so lucky this treatment is available 

• Hi there thank you for that information, fingers crossed I cope with it ok too

• Hi Sue58, I was 58 when I was diagnosed last year in March. I had my Pembro in 17 doses of 200mg. My consultant erred on the cautious side and doesn't double dose every six weeks like some do. There's no benefit from one way or the other but I guess the lower dose minimises the side effects.

I had really sore achy hands but that had gone by about the 10th dose, tiredness and constipation were my only other symptoms.  Good luck with it hon xx

• Achy joints, severe fatigue, dry mouth, loss sense of taste - couldn’t drink alcohol at all - tasted awful. But apart from that it was ok.