Am I Being Paranoid or Worth a Recheck?

• 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

Hello! I had wide excision surgery and sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma on the back of my left thigh in December 2021. I missed my skin check in March, but had one at the end of May where all was good. I just noticed slight change to this spot on the back upper calf of the same leg as the melanoma that seems to be slightly changing. I am not concerned by the size or shape of it, but I notice slight change to it. The color on the left is lighter and there is dark spot toward the right/middle, which is how my other melanoma started to change.  Thank you in advance for any advice.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be. 

I am always reminded by my consultant at my 3 monthly check-ups that if I ever spot anything in between check-ups that I am worried about to get in touch with my SCNS and she will arrange an appointment with my consultant if necessary. I have done this on a couple of occasions and, touch wood, everything was okay but it's always better to err on the side of caution.

Why don't you give your SCNS a call today and chat it through with her.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"