Hi Everyone...

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to introduce myself into the group.

Diagnosed on 26/03/2020 with Rectal Adenocarcinoma (T4 N2b MX) with a possibility of Liver & Lung metastasis.  Cancer also locally advanced with involvement of seminal vesicles anteriorly.

Loop Colostomy performed on 1st April 2020, discharged from Hospital on 5th April.

Awaiting consultation with oncologist.

• Hi Mark

Good to hear from you, I am rectal adenocarcinoma as well with 5 lung nodules awaiting the start of chemo end of April hopefully after the peak of Covid19. Unfortunately I am considered incurable but I hope to enjoy what life I have left. This seems to be a quiet group but perhaps we can get a conversation going amongst others. 

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nicky Nosher

Hi Nicky

Good to hear from you too Slight smile

I've just read 'your story' and WOW what a great inspiring attitude you have.  I'm sorry to hear that you, as you put it in your own words are incurable,  I hope you do well on your upcoming chemo and that they are able to perform Ablation therapy on Trevor.

I also tend to think of the worse case scenario, but the uncertainty is rather frustrating.  I'm waiting on my first Oncology appointment to find out more.  Chemo/Radiotherapy was mentioned when I got my results back from my Colonoscopy, (long term oral chemo/radio) but nothing has been confirmed.  I'm sure my Oncology appointment will be enlightening! My rectal tumor is the biggest one, liver and lung are presumed at the minute to be a possibility (CT/MRI showed apparent shadowing on Liver and possible spots in Lungs).  Again thinking worse case scenario and anything that they may do will be a bonus. 

Taking each day as it comes so far (with a smile)  -  in recovery from my recent Colostomy.  GOSH, rough arn't they!?!    Feeling battered but recovering well.

Thanks again for the inspiration and reaching out and saying "Hi"

Enjoy that Gin & Tonic!!

All the best for now & the future

Mark

:-)