Lung cancer with a secondary spread to the brain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hello, my 74 year old dad was diagnosed last week with lung cancer with a secondary in the brain, after a CT scan They  have found 8 tumors in his brain.  His oncologist adviced due to my dad's health and age if would be unlikely that any treatment would have any benefit to my dad, along with the fact the treatment for secondaries on the brain is  very intense.  I was wondering if I should try to get a 2nd opinion with regards to treatment, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the above and where I would need to go to get a 2nd opinion.  I realize this is a long shot and my dad's cancer is quite advanced, but up until 8 weeks  and before his diagnosis my dad was still driving and living independently.  

• Hi ,

You might get a better response if you repost in the Lung, cancer and  Brain, secondary cancer groups. I have had secondary brain cancer from a primary kidney cancer. If u repost I'll say more in that group so folk can add to the conversation 

Thanks

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.