Lonsurf as a 3rd line treatment.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi , 

I had colon cancer  in 2015 , which was treated  with surgery and adjuvant  chemo . Following  a routine scan  in 2018 it was found that I had a tumor in my lung, the cancer had spread and it was now at a stage of being inoperable.  As you can imagine  both me and the family  were  devastated and still are finding it hard to cope .  Since then I've had radiotherapy,  inotecan , which made me so ill I was hospitalised , then 7 cycles of oxalipltin ( neither of which worked to reduce the tumor) . My oncologist now has planned for me to have the chemo lonsurf. I'm dreading it , but I wondered if anyone else  else had any experience with  it  

Sorry for such a long winded explanation , but I'm now at the stage that talking helps me cope .

• Hi

I'm sorry to see that no one has come forward to tell you about their experience with Lonsurf so I thought I'd see if there were any older posts in this group mentioning it. Unfortunately there weren't but I found quite a lot in the bowel cancer group, so I think you might benefit from joining that group.

Clicking on the link I've created will take you there where you just need to select 'join this group' and then post your question. As I said there have been quite a few posts already in that group about Lonsurf so you could also use the search bar there to look for them.

I have also found this information from Macmillan for you and I hope you'll find it helpful as it does mention the side effects that you might experience.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"