Cannonball mets in lungs

• 14 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi I am new to the group. My sister had a mastectomy in 2021, her recent annual mammogram is clear but a recent chest scan has discovered she has cannonball metastases in both lungs and enlarged nodes under arm and in clavicle. We are awaiting  biopsy results and very worried. I am trying to be strong for her but upon reading about cannonball metastases it does not sound good. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

• I am so sorry to hear that your sister has still not started treatment. I suppose they need to pinpoint the receptors to find out which treatment is best. I really feel for you both and it must be such a worry. Have they given you any idea when these biopsy results will come back?

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• This is the third most recent set of biopsies that were taken on the 20th, she saw consultant on this Thursday 29th a three hour round trip for five minutes to be told not back, another appointment  made for next Thursday 7th. I don't know how she is keeping it together,  she is amazing.

• Hi Jane, at last  they have given her a start date of April for her chemotherapy.  The last 17 weeks have been awful for her, the waiting, wasting time going for hospital visits only to be told results not back yet. Hopefully treatment will work and keep this dreadful disease at bay Pray

• That is good news. Finally, after all that time. I had chemo myself and although there are side effects, they were mostly managed with medication and support. I hope that your sister has a good response to the treatment. Also I hope that you are doing ok- it is hard to support someone else during such times. 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm