Travelling to the US - hopefully

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Before my incurable sclc diagnosis last month, I had booked a holiday in San Francisco over Easter 2020. The question I have is has anyone in this group managed to get insurance for the US while undergoing active treatment.  Part of the problem for me is that this is my second cancer diagnosis in 3 years (previously early stage endometrial cancer - successfully dealt with through surgery) Any advice gratefully received. 

• This could be tricky. Have you looked on the travel insurance community, there is a lot of information on there about how different people have obtained cover from a multitude of insurers at an acceptable (to them) price.

I hope you get sorted.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to excavator

Thanks. I am looking on there too. But I was hoping there might be someone on this group who had succeeded in getting insurance for the US with lung cancer. The combination of an incurable lung cancer and the US with its astronomical healthcare costs which seems to scare the insurers off!

• we went to florida this may for 19 days my husband has incurable lung cancer he is on immune therapy we got insurance with insure with i think it cost about £125

helen

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Robert C

Thank you for this - it gives me a bit of hope!

anna xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Robert C

I went to Cyprus last May got insurance for just under £100 then was diagnosed with lung cancer tried to up date insurance almost all where quoting £3000 so ended up going without.