Squamous non small cell lung cancer?

• 2 replies
  • 142 subscribers

Hi, 

This is my second time in the group in less than 2 years. Lost my dad to lung cancer and brain mets in July 22 and now here we are again, with my mum. 

She has been diagnosed with squamous non small cell lung cancer. Does this sound right? I was struggling to take it all in and now in hindsight wish I'd had the sense to write it down! First appointment at the Cancer Hospital on Thursday so they'll explain more. I just wondered if anyone on here is familiar with this diagnosis. Is there any hope. X

• Hi   I am so sorry to hear that your mum has been diagnosed with this disease, after losing your dad such a short time ago. Life can be so cruel, this must feel very tough for you. 

It is hard to take in information at these appointments, I would take a pen and paper with you on Thursday to the oncology appointment. My cancer is different to your mums, so I cannot comment on that, but there is lots of treatment for lung cancer, and where there is treatment there is always hope. 

Good luck for Thursday, please let us know how mum gets on. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thankyou for the reply, much appreciated Blush. Things seem very surreal. Although dad was going through this 18 months ago it feels like it's all merged together, if that makes sense. It's as if we've had no respite from it at all. 

Will check back in on Thursday BlushBlush