Hope!!!

• 5 replies
  • 106 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed stage4 palliative care January 2022......The bottom fell out of our world.....luckily he was quickly diagnosed and started 4 rounds treble treatment on Feb 14th 2022......and continued on immunotherapy  .He was offered to go on a trial alongside his immunotherapy  in May 2022.......this continued until April 2023.....with good results......we had asked for surgery from day 1 ....but advised as he was stage 4 ....it wouldn't be possible  as the pleural cavity was showing cancer........Fast forward......his scan results were so impressive  that oncology referred  him to thoracic surgeon.......well surgery upper left thorectomy performed first week of May.....he was in for 15 days in The Liverpool  heart &chest hospital.....5 star treatment!!!........after recovering from surgery ....First week of August 25 sessions of radiotherapy....on Friday...(last week)a very very emotional appointment with his oncologist....YES ..ATM he is cancer free!!!!.....yes this is true!!.....obviously to be reviewed every 3 months ......I wanted to give hope as I remember  those dark days in January 2022...we are so fortunate and greatful to our NHS .....

•   what wonderful news! You have both been through such an awful ordeal, and now it is time to celebrate! Thank you for sharing this with us, it really does help to hear such positive stories. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Gosh what an emotional story .What brave people you both are !To live through all that and to come out with that wonderful news at the end of all that you deserve it It’s so lovely to hear good news like that for all of us here.its definitely an emotional time so thanks for sharing with us and I hope your  good luck continues for a very long time . It must be a reward for all the doctors and nurses who have cared for you as wrll

• I needed to read this! My husband has stage 4 lung cancer, surgery isn't an option. He had 6 months of chemo before it stopped working now he is on immunotherapy and we could really do with a miracle like yours. I'm so happy for you both, thank you so much for sharing x

• Hi what treatment was he on initially and immunotherapy? and what did the trial consist of? 

Just asking as my grandad has NSCLC - his treatment has stopped working 

Thanks x